It’s always personal, never just business.
What sets Monmouthshire Building Society apart is our personal service.
We make it easy for you to speak to a real person who understands your needs:
- You’ll soon be on first name terms with our friendly Business Development Team - based in our Head Office in Newport, they’re just a phone call away. If you have any questions, or if you want to discuss a case – even if you haven’t submitted it yet – they’re always happy for you to get in touch.
- Each application you make is assigned to a dedicated Case Officer.
- Plus, our Business Development Managers are available to take virtual or telephone appointments for all brokers across England and Wales. With restrictions easing, we are now able to conduct face to face meetings within South Wales and the South West of England. Get in touch with your local BDM to arrange.
We don’t believe in one size fits all.
We understand no two borrowers are the same – that’s why we take a flexible approach:
- We don’t rely on computers to tell us if we can lend. We credit check, not credit score, and all applications are assessed by a real person in our underwriting team.
- Our common-sense approach to underwriting means we can consider your client even if they differ from the typical borrower. This includes self-employed borrowers with 2 years accounts, and older borrowers up to age 85.
- Our product range is always evolving to meet your clients’ needs.
We appreciate your business.
We want to thank you by offering competitive procuration fees:
- 0.35% for Residential
- 0.30% for Rate Switch up to a maximum of £1,500*
- 0.45% for Buy-to-Let, Holiday Let or Multi-Unit Freehold
- 0.65% for Semi Commercial
- Paid in the month following completion to authorised introducers
*Applies to Rate Switches for existing mortgage borrowers where the introducer has given advice on a new product. Paid in the month following the application of the new rate. Procuration fees will only be payable where existing product terms have expired.